Like thousands of scientists around the US, I too am working on a big NIH grant proposal due in a matter of a few days.
If you are also in this boat, how are you all feeling right now since it is October 1st?
How would you complete this sentence:
“I need to send off my NIH grant proposal soon for the October deadline & I’m…”?
Let us know in the comments.
Some things I’ve heard….
- Drinking more coffee
- Living in my office
- Eating more chocolate
- Fighting blurry vision from staring at the computer
- Still wrestling with Aim 3
- Not feeling my fingers anymore, which are numb from all that typing
- Downing on energy drinks
- Thinking again that grants should be submitted entirely in video form
- Literally sick
- Considering throwing my computer out the window
- Already aware of what the reviewers will say, but there’s nothing I can do at this point
- Starting on my grant(s) for the February deadline since I already submitted this one (damn you!)